Monday, February 15, 2010

happy (late) valentine's!



I decided to bake my sweet valentine something he liked! This is a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (and white fondant on top!) It was my first time making my own fondant and let me tell you, it was sticky! I had no idea how much work went into making just enough for one cake! I used the recipe from Peggy Weaver's tutorial:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm

It was fun though, seeing it all come together. I have definitely learned a lot from making my first roll. (Even your fingernails can snag the sides!). All that mattered was that he liked the cake :]

ps. on the back were two vampire fang puncture marks with "blood" dripping out (aka: red icing gel). i said "yeah I don't know what happened to your cake but I think a vampire got a hold of it". ;]

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment