Friday, February 12, 2010

new beginnings.

i am happy to announce i am starting my own little cupcake shop! most of my friends know me as the girl who always finds strange and random cupcake shops all over southern california; this is true because i drag them along with me! but hey, they don't complain. i consider myself a cupcake "foodie" and have finally realized all along that i should be baking on my own! i've been baking goodies for a few years now for friend's special events or just for friends to have (i once threw a valentine's party at my condo and of course- had cupcakes only!) and so here i am! for now, it will be mostly cupcakes, small cakes, and other specialty goodies that i can create, and i'll be using this blog to keep my readers updated on new flavors, creations for clients, or just for fun experimenting! i don't have a tangible shop, so i will be a baker in my home. thankfully, i live with my grandma who was once a bakery company herself! she had tons of experience and i am so lucky to be living among her for her to guide me and give me tips. enjoy my first post!



i created these beauties for a woman who was having a ladies dinner! she was very sweet once we spoke on the phone, so i was excited to make these little charmers. they are red velvet mini cupcakes, with cream cheese frosting on top! red sugar sprinkles top it off :]

tip: for cream cheese frosting, notice how it gets soft when you spread it on the cupcakes and it doesn't stand firm? add some powdered sugar to the icing and it will put some stiffness in it so you can swirl it 'round like these!

enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment